Words & Beyond offer a variety of courses.
If you would like to attend one of our courses contact us or call 1300 85 86 20
Plain language basics
- Covers the basics of plain language and provides participants with the skills to create effective communications
- We can use your documents for some exercises we cover during the course (and for all the homework exercises).
- We can tailor this course to address your specific needs.
Plain language writing advanced
This course covers similar content to the plain language basics course. We run this advanced course when you havea special need to deliver more intensive, personal training to an individual orto 2-3 people who work together.
This is an interactive session on structuring documents. We take the participants through some difficult structuring exercises and help them use an advanced technique that builds on the structuring exercises covered in the plain language basics course.
Words Punctuation and Grammar
Do you care about how a document presents and reads? Or how best to use the signposts of writing to help your audience read and understand your document? Our words, punctuation and grammar courses can help anyone to write or speak better or to use grammar and punctuation more confidently.
We offer 7 interlocking courses. They are suitable for:
- anyone who writes — or uses the phone
- anyone keen to bring some freshness to their vocabulary and some strength to their writing
- professionals and support staff
- anyone who types for other people
- strong spellers and weak spellers
- people who feel intimidated by a lack of knowledge about language
- people who have a passion for language and know a lot about it.
How to create an appealing “cyber-silhouette” through your email.
The etiquette of email:
- What do people like
- What don’t they like
- What polarises people
Delivering bad news
Sometimes you need to communicate bad news to your clients. You may need to tell someone that their loan application was declined or that you’re increasing the fees on their account or, especially in our current economic climate, that their investment returns were negative.
Whatever the news you need to communicate, this course shows you how to minimise the impact of the bad news on your clients.